Join The Winning Team…Team SoBran - We are an industry leader in designing professional animal care programs, managing animal facilities, and providing high quality technical support for laboratory animal research projects. At SoBran, we care about people. SoBran's success hinges on our employees. We maintain a professional environment and ensure that our people have the tools and training to achieve; and opportunities for learning and advancement. Our employees' individual talents contribute to our success! We thank you for your interest in SoBran.
SoBran, Inc. is seeking an Animal Care Technician II to serve in Boston, Massachusetts.
OVERVIEW: Responsibilities of this position are that of an Animal Care Technician II for the Animal Care Project. This person will be familiar with the day-to-day activities, employees and concerns within the facilities. We expect the Animal Care Technician II to use their knowledge and creativity to assist in developing plans to enhance performance on this contract, including effectively managing customer and client relationships. The Animal Care Technician II will maintain an effective relationship with the customer.
Essential Duties of the Animal Care Technician II:
- Understands and follows SOPs, safety procedures, and quality assurance standards
- Provides daily animal care, feeding, watering and housing support for all animal facilities
- Performs daily animal health checks, documents assigned duties and reports abnormal animal conditions to facility management and/or veterinary staff
- Performs full animal life cycle duties, sexes and weans animals, monitors and ensures adequate environmental parameters and enrichment for each animal and immediately reports deficiencies
- Aseptically changes animal caging, maintains and sanitizes facility equipment, animal rooms, procedure rooms and other areas associated with animal facilities; while exercising proper waste disposal practices
- Maintains daily animal room census and corrects/requests cage cards as required
- Prepares and submits required husbandry records, logs, and inventories as requested
- Receives, examines, transfers, identifies and properly houses incoming animal shipments
- Assists with the handling of various animal species as requested by the investigators
- Works in conjunction with and assists veterinary staff with examinations and treatments as prescribed
- Performs cage washing and assists with contract related duties as assigned
Schedule required: Weekend work is required as scheduled. In addition to extra hours during an emergency situation.
- Must have HS Diploma or equivalent
- Must have ALAT certification, LAT preferred
- 2+ years experience caring for animals in a laboratory or veterinary environment
- Must possess the physical strength, dexterity and endurance to lift, pull, push and handle cages, racks, large pieces of miscellaneous equipment, feed & bedding bags and other materials and equipment normally found in a research facility
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.; bend, stoop, climb and stand for a prolonged period
SoBran, is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.