Wanted: A poultry nutritionist to work with a sales team, develop nutritional programs for customers and coordinate nutritional research projects.
Reasons the right person will love this job
- Variety of projects - work with broilers, layers, ducks & turkeys
- Be part of an excellent team of nutritionists
- Outstanding compensation, retirement, and benefits
- Company has a clear direction
- The leadership team is stable, strategic and innovative.
- This fast-paced, growing company is filled with smart self-starters who are driven to achieve results for its customers.
- Quality products manufactured in state-of-the-art facilities and sold at a competitive price
The job - Diet Formulation and Technical Sales/Service Support
- Responsible for the formulation and implementation of nutrition programs to maximize production performance, health, and quality
- Responsible for feed budgeting and auditing of feed budgets to ensure proper diet usage and best cost analysis.
- In-house formulation assistance and nutrition program development for other technical service team members and salesmen/customers.
- Work closely with feed mill managers and other team members to solve challenges in production.
- Attend conferences, trade shows and read industry publications to stay current with industry trends and new research
To be considered for this opportunity
- This role requires up to 50% overnight travel
- Ph.D. in poultry nutrition or poultry science
- Basic knowledge of animal production practices required and practical experience in poultry production and feed manufacturing is desired.
- Ability to balance poultry diets
- Excellent organizational, time-management, multi-tasking, leadership, problem-solving, and communication (oral and written) skills.
- The position demands a self-motivated individual who is capable of demonstrating initiative and works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail oriented and systematic in designing and executing short and long-term objectives.